Thursday, September 27, 2007

Alone (but not lonely) "with" Disturbia

Twice this week that I was able to watch movies out of the thoughtfulness of a comrade through his spare complimentary tickets. I had to monitor an advertisement by the government if it’s being aired at the cinema, in return. I grabbed the ticket, because I also wanted to watch, and it’s my time to unwind after last week’s tedious travel in the awesome Benguet mountains, I thought. I joined the team of the regional committee for the welfare of children in site validation for the implementation of the early childhood care and development program, checking if the local government units are pursuing their proposed investment plans for the protection, survival, development and needs of the children. I hope I could share more stories about my 4-day mountain escapades :)

Going back, I didn’t mind going alone at the cinema, for I usually do it being an introvert. (It’s a given hint to somebody who wants to find out how boring your life would be in my company, hahaha…seriously kidding). So I proceeded to the cinema house alone, and I was welcomed by empty seats at both chambers. That was my first ever experience to watch a movie with an audience I could count with my fingers. Even if I include the roaming guard and the lady attendant, the number would still be countable within ten seconds, still an overstatement I guess. And mind you, it’s not even a last full show.

And what do you think I did that night? Of course, I sat comfortably, laid my back like a boss, and enjoyed my solitude with SM’s silver screen. The show must go on, haha. I just considered it an exciting yet peculiar experience, watching alone a suspense-thriller genre, with characters spying others and bloody-hell scenes in succession. Don’t get me wrong and don’t worry, the Uses and Gratification theory is no work on me :)

I went home walking and chuckling with my uncanny experience, while breathing in and out the misty bliss of Baguio in a cold, lonely night, that was tooooo lovely to resist. hmmm :)

No comments: