Monday, September 03, 2007

Laconic Rest

After my Saturday class, I was up to go home in Pangasinan to see my family. But I seemed to be chasing after time since it’s almost 6:30pm, and I should be in Dagupan on or before 8pm, the last trip for me to reach home. By then, I was experientially calculating the time if I could beat the last trip, or else, I would pay the tricycle ride with a fare higher than my fare from Baguio to Dagupan, plus the nuisances of wandering at night in a tranquil, imperturbable ambience of my beloved province. (Those who hail from the provinces can attest that the night mode differs in urban cities).

I was also thinking of my laundry works, the church service, the short time that I would be spending when I get home, etcetera, but I was reminded that it’s almost a month now since I saw my family. And that urge to see them made me a risk taker once again. Stop explaining and making sense of everything, I said to myself. Don’t let circumstances, even the rain, hinder me to do things I want and love to do, I thought.

When it’s time for the van to move, I just uttered a short prayer of asking God His traveling mercies. And I took a nap, expecting that I would be asleep right away, so that I wouldn’t mind the passing time. And the Lord provided the last bus, with more empty seats waiting to be filled up. Praise the Lord! I reached home by 9:30pm, awaking my mother to her surprise that I was home (I didn’t text them by the way that I would go home:)), and we began chit-chatting tersely. Then the night covered the night…hehehe

Sunday was a rest day indeed. My time with my family was a refreshing break from my ever-loaded routine in Baguio. Though I stayed only one night and 12 hours at home, I appreciate the ‘breathing’ the Lord gave that time. I have also put myself in contemplation whether by next year, I would move on serving and working here in the Urduja land. To wait is the answer, I believe.

I traveled back to Baguio late Sunday night. I was welcomed both by the misty bliss of Baguio and my board mates having their drinking spree. They’re having an interesting discourse over the statement: “In every answer, there’s a question, and vice-versa.” I thought before sleeping ahead, “at least, they’re talking philosophically and in quest of truth and answers.”

No comments: