Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Persistent Mind of Mine

“A surrendered mind is not one which is no longer in operation. It is, rather, a mind freed from rebellion and opposition. To be Christ's captive is to be perfectly free.”
An e xcerpt from Surrender Every Thought by Elisabeth Elliot

This is one of my weaknesses in putting everything in God’s authority. My mind is always on rebellion and opposition especially when I become critical of certain things or events. I find it hard to submit especially when I think of things as irrelevant, unfit and unhealthy. Sometimes, it really goes beyond ignoring the request of older brethren, or worse, what the Lord wants me to do. I tend to be disobedient because I depend on my rational thinking, my value judgment of what is right or wrong, overshadowing the will of the Lord.

Acknowledging that a surrendered mind is a mind freed from rebellion and opposition, searching the attitude of my heart is a must. (Heart beats wisely than the impulse of the mind, I trust). I believe that if I know what makes God happy, and what He wants me to do, even if it seems uneasy, by all means I should obey. This is to blame my forgetfulness that the foolishness of God is wiser than man’s wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man’s strength (1 Cor. 1:25).

He knows all the best, better than my concept of excellence. I just pray that my mind be always guarded from deceptive fantasies around. Dupe me not…

No comments: