Friday, June 18, 2010

My Half Year

Because of at least one person who reads my blog, I decided to scribble again online. I cannot sum up all the events of my life for the past months, but I can conclude that God has been faithful and good to me. I can declare the glorious riches of God in my life: the family I have, the gift of work, the friendship, the people I’ve met who touched my life, and hopes I shared to ordinary folks. I want to shout the works of the Lord in and through my life!

Half of the year is almost over. Valentines. Panagbenga Festival. Graduation. Birthday. Holy Week. Automated Election. Vacations! All these events were indeed wonderful. I can sense the Lord had blessed with me so much fun and adventure I almost forgot to declare it. Why do I have to? Because with a heart full of gratitude comes the realization that the Lord is alive and very much concerned with my affairs.

I had a lot of first times, too. I was not fortunate to participate in the automated election, the first ever in the country, but I still consider my participation of covering the election as part of the history. I served as a watchdog for a clean, honest, and credible election, despite some allegations of fraud. But what overshadowed the stressful election was the reality that there are still more people who hope for a better country, hungry and craving for genuine reform and transformation.

Scuba diving is fantastic. Being one with nature, underwater in particular, creates a realm so good to be inhabited. Of course, that’s just for sea creatures, unless Atlantika exists:) Pagudpud beach and windmill in Bangui, Ilocos Norte are also exceptional places to visit. Bolinao is a haven as well. The historical Corregidor Island is worth-exploring too.

So much travel, so much fun. It’s probably a wake-up call why I suffered influenza this week, causing me to be off-cam for three days. Haha. Since there is always a reason for everything, I would just accept the situation that this is my present, my now, the moment the Lord wants me to be.

4 comments:

mr.nightcrawler said...

hahaha. ako yata yun kuya alfie. nagulat naman ako at may bago kang entry. andami na ngang nangyari sa inyo since nung last na nag-post kayo... sana ginawa niyo na lang na series para mas madalas kayo makapag-blog. haha. demanding ba kuya? ayos idol :P

Anonymous said...

anong meron at night crawler ang pseudo name mo?hehe. don't worry, i'll be blogging more often now. thanks for reminding me:)

mr.nightcrawler said...

kasi, lagi akong puyat kuya! haha. walang tulog. buti naman balik ka na sa pagsusulat mo kuya. madami ka nanamang maiinspire. salamat idol :P

Alfie said...

ah ok. so dapat night crawler din ako, wahahhaa. o siya, enjoy the night!hehe